Friday, September 16, 2005

Just Got Word

Just got off the horn with my friend. Stan looks to be awake, his fever down, and on the mend. He is still in ICU because they had to drain the infection, which apparently started in his ear and worked into his brain that caused the meningitis, although doctors still seem to be baffled as to what kind of meningitis he had all along. Either way, Stan will have go undergo some physical therapy to see what if there is any neurological damage done during the infection.

Our mutual friend Bill, the drummer from Past Out is planning to hold a benefit concert either this week or next to help raise money to pay for Stan's hospital bills, since he is completely without insurance. For any locals that read here I'll try and post further info as soon as I get it from either Bill or the rest of the gang.

I feel elated today. Stan is doing better. My friend and I are doing better every day. I know this sounds hokey as fuck, but I am feeling a tremendous amount of love for everybody right now. I feel strong and proud and brave and exhilarated. I wish I could just kiss everybody in my life right now. Fold them all up in my arms. Sing to them. Nooo, on second thought...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are getting better. menegitis is a scary thing.
-emily

2:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad he's okay and that you're okay. {{{{{ }}}}}

7:01 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

>>which apparently started in his ear and worked into his brain that caused the meningitis, <<

Oh shit. This is why I run to the doctor the minute I get an ear infection (or at least try to).

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home