Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Orange Tiger Jacket Anger

My best friend called tonight. Our mutual friend Stan is in the hospital, unresponsive since this morning. Raging fever that came on overnight. I forgot the name of the ailment, but another guy we knew died from it in the very same way over 10 years ago.

This guy had flu-like symptoms when he came home late one night from work and told his roommate that he was taking a cold bath to reduce his fever. His roommate went to bed but could hear the water running in the bathroom. The next day the roommate went into the bathroom and was shocked to find the guy dead in the tub. It was said that he probably lost consciousness about an hour and a half before he died.

Now over 10 years later that same guy's friend Stan is going through the same thing.

Readers of my old blog might remember Stan as this buddy from the local punk scene who is a tattoo artist here at the beach. He designed web pages for me in the early years of my getting a computer and was involved with the local punk zine at the same time I was doing album reviews and comic strips. The last time we hung out was back in April or so, when we went out for drinks at the local pub with his wife and several friends. He keeps asking me when I am going to let him tattoo me (and I naturally keep saying, like, never yo). The last time I saw him recently was when I drove by his tattoo parlor and he was hanging outside with some of his fellow tatters. He didn't see me, however.

I am waiting to hear back from my friend for more word on his condition. I told her to call me no matter what hour of the night as soon as she learns anything.

All my thoughts and prayers are with Stanley the Manley tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home