Monday, September 19, 2005

Dirty Bass Chthonian Noise

Something tells me I should have played the lottery the other day.

I suppose some of you fine folks may remember how much I wanted the live 17:06 minute Isaac Hayes version of "Ain't No Sunshine" from the Wattstax soundtrack for quite some time.

Well, yesterday we had a lady selling back some CDs. Tracy calls me over and discreetly hands me this CD, one of which the lady was selling back to us:


Now this CD is just the total Isaac Hayes performance from Wattstax, since on the DVD feature you only get to hear him do two, maybe three songs, tops. None of which were "Ain't No Sunshine". But this has "Ain't No Sunshine". The 17:06 minute version that I have had on a mix tape since 1987. And we were offering $3 for it. So I gave the lady $3 out of my pocket and kept the CD for myself.

Tracy and I were whooping it up as soon as the lady left the store. She was just as excited as I was to finally get this CD since I have been crabbing about it for so long to her, and Tracy, God bless her, is always looking out for me. She asked for a burn of it this weekend, and I told her absol-freakin'-lutely.

Then less than an hour later another woman walks in to sell back CDs. And... yes... SHE has a copy of Isaac Hayes at Wattstax to sell, too! And Tracy gave her $3 for it, and now SHE has her own copy! I mean.. okay, what are the odds, right? The album that I have been searching for comes in at a price that I can afford -- TWICE in the same hour? Alright, so it was only a big deal to us. But still. Isaac Hayes, babeh. Stoked, I am.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just blew my mind.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Ha! But now that I think about it more, I bet those two different women were working together trying to sell stolen stuff that they got in mulitples by coming in at seperate times. I think that they both had similar items in their sell-back bags. But still... I like to think that something *~special~* happened to me that fateful day. :-)

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home