Thursday, September 29, 2005

Things That I Shouldn't Be Doing, Etc.

I know I should be really tidying up around here. It's just so blessed easy to procrastinate when you casually call your credit card company and learn that your last payment went through and you have been restored to full credit again (blasted evil things -- they will undoubtedly be my ruin) so plans immediately changed to seeing Corpse Bride at the local movie house, lunch at PF Chang's, and a pop-in over at the record store to free up some of the last bits of my hold bin before inventory cleans me out. Two CDs and one DVD -- all used goodies, I'm pleased to say. One of which is Thelonious Monk's Monk Alone: The Complete Solo Studio Recordings of Thelonious Monk 1962-1968:


Two disks of rarely-heard solo piano from Da Monk recorded during the six years before I was born, which as much as I love Monk's style will give me more space to really appreciate his actual playing for a change.

Also used, Bert Jansch: The Best Of Bert Jansch:


I've only owned a few Bert Jansch songs over the years having become intrigued after first hearing "Needle Of Death", but this is the first full collection of this Scottish Delta blues-influenced folkie whose intricate guitar playing was an obvious big influence on Led Zeppelin's more acoustic works. Quite pleased to carry this'n home with me tonight.

And the one DVD... season five of The Simpsons, which by the way doesn't have a cover box this damn red.... more like a rusty metallic orange or sumthin'.


What's most distressing is that I might actually already own this. That is, if I could find it in all this clutter... which I should have been home clearing away instead of buying Simpsons TV series and bloody Bert Jansch and solo rekkids by The Loneliest Monk. Serves me, ah say, serves me freakin' right.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you ever counted all the cd's/dvd's/records/etc you own?
and do you think i will be able to count that high??
-emily

1:42 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I think I once had an extrapolation of the amount of what I have, but sadly I believe I have surpassed that a dozen times over in the last few years. This is actually the year that I've cut back significantly, so my purchases have been feweer and further between, believe it or not.

How have you been, Emily? What's been hap'nin'?

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well we are tearing down our house and building another one. turns out thats cheaper than buying another house. freaky. i almost feel like an adult or some shit like that. for those thinking of doing the same, i highly advise against it. it's a pain in the neck.
-emily

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home