Thursday, September 29, 2005

Jacques Brel Is Alive And Well...

The dreaded inventory day is fast approaching so it's clean-out-ye-olde-holde-bin for the Melpster as fast as I possibly can. One lonely piece at a time, it appears.


That's why I took home High On Fire's Blessed Black Wings which has been out forever but I've been hunkering down in wait for a used copy to drift past and ensnare it before the usual deluge of motorheaded metal zealots made their aggressive moves -- not that every true metal fan doesn't already have this in their collection by now, I figure. Formed with ex-Sleep singer Matt Pike, with his wails of gothic melancholy mixed with pro-Christian imagery wedged between rampaging Slayer-like guitar solos, this album has topped many respectable people's lists as best of the year so far. Disk also comes with a DVD which I suppose contains videos and whatnot. It's my day off, so I suppose I'll give it a spin whilst I clean house today. Bound to be an instant motivator

And now for something completely different... two videos from Scott Walker! Matilda and Rosary! Jump all over it, children.

Thank yew for the links, juliebeth baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home