Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Help! We've Gone On Holiday By Mistake!

I'd like to give a shout out to my pal Brett Bayne and plug his new book, The Dog Ate My Gun, which the formidable man himself states, "This unique publication includes all my best email pranks, plus cartoons, jokes, comedy sketches, pet peeves, idiotic short stories, various odds and ends...and best of all, I got my friends JAY STEELE and NOAH BELSON to contribute their funniest material as well! It's a comedy smorgasbord (assuming your definition of "smorgasbord" is dried ink on paper in the form of various words and sentences...many of which make perfect grammatical sense!)." The book will soon be available for purchase on Amazon for $19.95 but it can be ordered right now directly from AuthorHouse for $15.70. Brett is a funny, intimidatingly intelligent fellow whose pleasure I had the company of last time I was in Los Angeles and I am both happy and proud to see him find a way to support his debilitating crack habit his formidable talents get the proper venue in which they deserve. Go-go-GO, Bretty-Spaghetty! It is, as they kids say these days, yo' birthday.

So after two days back at work from vacation I think I have finally repaired the damage done to the used CD section that was soooo considerately left for me to take care of once I got back from vacation. I mean really people, would it absolutely kill you all to take the vaguest initiative onto yourselves? Then again I don't know why a lazy sod such as myself would even concern herself so much with the maintenance of of one section of the store when her own personal CD collection is in such an embarrassing disarray in her own home. For some reason I am just such a stickler for order at work. If I could just apply that to the rest of my life... damn, I don't even want to think about where I could be in life right now with that kind of fastidious attitude. Would I even have a blog in which to bitch about life the universe and everything? Or a place to quote from overly-quoted British sci-fi novels? And would life really be any more fun as a result? I'd like to think not. Or at least I have to keep telling myself that, because what the heck else am I gonna do at this point? I reckon I'm stuck being me just as I am. Ain't that a kick in the head.

I put Blueberry Boat by The Fiery Furnaces up on my employee pick wall this week. I guess it's about time, anyway. Plus something about these kids remind me of The Residents phase I went through back in the 80's. Sometimes you just gotta get yer quirk on.

Kate Bush's new one comes out today. I suppose I need to pop in at the store this morning to snap it up. Ugh. Like I really want to go back there right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home