Monday, December 05, 2005

My Head Is My Only House Unless it Rains

Thank yews go out to dear Mr. Phung (seen here, on the left, with Vanceypants) for sending me a nice lil' $20 gift card to the California Pizza Kitchen in the mail as a surprise for burning his entire television segment onto DVD-R for him. He appeared briefly in this 2001 report with Vance DeGeneres called "Dr. Feelgreat" on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and I burned it for him about a year or two ago but that disk was damaged so I just sent him a replacement copy free of charge. He didn't have to send me anything, but yet he did, and it was very sweet of him. Hey, at the time all I wanted in return was knowing what it was like to stand within molesting conversing range to my dream boy -- although I suppose there was a time when I have stood just as close to him myself (my photo evidence here , here and also here). Well, myself and about 300 other screaming middle-aged New Orleans soccer moms rolling out their head bands and checkerboard Vans like it was 1982 again (wait, isn't that what all the kids are wearing again these days?). Ack. It's too eerie to think of all those people I met in Nola that weekend, in light of everything that's happened. Gives me the shivers.

It's truly been a mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad weekend only without the hilarity of Dick Shawn wailing for his mama (although there were times when I came close to crying out for my own). Holiday shopping appeared to have died down since Black Friday and now something seems to have galvanized it back into full-on frenzy mode like sharks squabbling over the last bit of bloody human leg stump and the process of coming home feels more like being wheeled into fucking recovery. I absolutely loathe being too physically and mentally worn down to do anything after work, because of work itself. Looking forward to taking another week off maybe in January or February (if I can afford it then) and just hibernate after all things blow over. Maybe even go somewhere. Heck, even if it's just a jaunt up to D.C. for a weekend it means not being here for awhile, and just like last year's trip to L.A. sometimes I really just gotta break away from here every now and again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home