Friday, February 24, 2006

Magic & Loss

Something went away today, and it made me very sad. I could have saved it, but instead I chose to let it evaporate into the ether. My little landscape forever changed. But in the end it's a good thing. It's healthy to let things go every now and then.

And speaking of which, it is not a good thing that I cannot find my old Buzzcocks T-shirt. The one that just turned up while we were packing stuff this past week. I will be extremely put out if I accidentally took it to the thrift store this morning with the rest of my old clothes. Damn if I have to go there tomorrow and pay, what, a damn $1 to buy back my damn Buzzcocks shirt that I got for free from the band anyway.

Yeah, back in 1991 I manned the T-shirt booth for the Buzzcocks while they performed at Outer Limits, and I got a free Buzzcock AND free Steve Diggle T-shirt as payment. Even better, I got to hang out with the band backstage and play broccoli-soccer with Steve and Pete Shelley. We tried to get them to come pumpkin-snatching with us (it was Halloween) by telling them that it was "perfectly legal here in America" but I don't think they bought it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

>> Damn if I have to go there tomorrow and pay, what, a damn $1 to buy back my damn Buzzcocks shirt that I got for free from the band anyway<<

Oh no, you'll probably have to pay $3 or more for it. Thirft stores are so expensive now.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home