Saturday, July 29, 2006

Pass Me Some Suma Dat Dumbass Over Der...

Whattaya think, fellas? A week or so of temporary music files posted at random? I'll try and keep it a relatively mixed bag.

One of the reasons why it was nice having a recently new (used) CD copy of the Butthole Surfer's Psychic... Powerless... Another Man's Sac was getting a fresh, unscratched version of "Lady Sniff", strictly for old times sake. Years ago it seemed that every friend who ever received this song on a mixed tape from me would first call me up to complain about that annoying-as-fuck monstrosity slipped (I thought) inconspicuously in between the other, far lovelier pop melodies, only to have them call again a week later to tell me that now they admit the more they actually listen to it the more outright funnier it gets. And yes, the song is obnoxious as hell. But it's the Butthole Surfers, not Noel Coward. It's not meant to be nuanced, highbrow humor. It's just a bunch of nonsense Gibby-nese punctuated by juvenile sound effects, all of which remind me fondly of long road trips to Washington D.C. with friends where we'd play this song and I would try and physically imitate whatever sound effect came up at random, much to the humor (and sometimes nausea) of my fellow passengers.

So anyway, here's my arbitrary music memory of the day. Let me know if any of youze have trouble with the link, and maybe I can attach it in an email for ya.

"Lady Sniff" - Butthole Surfers (M4a file)
Available for 7 days

2 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

Sendspace.com is a lot more stable than yousendit. Just sayin'.

But holy crap ysi actually worked for me. It hasn't done that in a while! Maybe they've fixed the errors they've been having.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Yeah I need to try sendspace sometime. As of right now yousendit seemd to be working smoothly, but if too many people have difficulties then i may try that place from now on.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home