Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Please Don't Let Friends Drink And Link

Still feeling too ooky to blog much right now, so here are a few links that have kept me occupied over the last week or two.

A rather engaging roundtable discussion about the famously controversial film Salò by the late Pier Paolo Pasolini by David Ehrenstein, Saul Symonds and Noel Vera (of which Vera and Ehrenstein I have conversed with on occasion over the last several years and whose opinions I respect). This is a movie that I have been extremely eager to see after a friend mentioned it to me but it has long been out of print and the Criterion versions of the DVD fetch a meaner sum than anything I can afford at the moment, or heck, ever at this point. But I love to read about the subject as much as I can.

1,500 music videos from the 80's. Like holy guacamole. I didn't even know they made that many videos in the 1980's. And to add to the embarrassment, some of these people I've never even heard of before. But hey, I'm geeking out. Having fun.

On a somewhat related topic, another critic I respect, Steve Dollar, likes the new Scitti Politti. Hm! Although it should be noted that he was never a big fan of theirs to begin with. But I likes 'em, I do, so onto the wish list they gooooooo....

Mystery Science Theatre 3000 scribe and post-Joel host Mike Nelson has a new site called RIFFTRAX where you can buy and download his own audio commentary on bad movies to play while watching the DVD. Right now you can download Mike "riffing" on one of my own personal favorites, the Patrick Swayze stinkeroo Road House, pop it into your iPod, and play the Road House DVD while Mike tears into the picture with all the potentially evil cartoonish menace that Ben Gazzara tears into the movie's scenery. Wait... why am I not doing this as we speak? Goddam I'm fuckin' drunk on Nyquil right now.

Before I go do that, any fellow Jeeves and Wooster fans might appreciate my palie Careena's skillfully crafted haiku's about Bertie's Drones Club. Witty as anything Plum himself would have raised an elegant eyebrow to. And why, some of them are right charmingly... gay!

Do enjoy!

Have I mentioned that I am heavily medicated at the moment?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home