Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Sick For Toys

I am in bed. Sick. With a sore throat and a cold.

Well actually I'm not in bed anymore. I'm sitting here. At the computer. Feeling like doody. I ate too much ice cream, but it's the only thing that takes the burn out of my throat. Chloraseptic makes me nauseous.

So I called out sick and stayed in bed. And read. This:



This is the revised and expanded version that came out recently with a few new tweaks to it from the original edition that came out last year, so I'm kind of glad that I got it now as opposed to then, when I was really eager to read it. I mean I am still eager to read it. That is, I'm really enjoying it. Oh hell, what am I saying. Sorry, I just slipped out of a 4-hour Nyquil-induced coma this afternoon. Reality is a tad fractured at the moment. What was I doing again? Oh, right...

I started feeling lame last night during my pre-birthday dinner with Joe at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, which I took him to since neither of us will have time to be together much on his actually birthday this Friday. But the food was good either way. And I gave him the first of his several presents coming to him:



The new Edgar G. Ulmer box set that just came out recently, which he's been eager to see but not wanting to shell out the $30 clams for himself (that's what girlfriends are for). Joe has been extremely hardcore into film noir lately, and at this point I think he's probably seen them all if that's even possible. Well, not Ulmer's work. Not until recently, since a lot of it hasn't been available since now.

Also got a package from Amazon today with one of several items I ordered coming at me in little chunkettes, including this CD:



And no, as low as my standard already were, watching Snakes On A Plane right now on my new HDTV didn't take my mind off of my sore throat like I thought it would. Not that the HDTV had anything to do with the quality of the film, to say the least. All I gotta say is that the animation in Finding Nemo sure looked a lot prettier by comparison.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, I hope you feel better. {{{ }}}

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home