Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Teddybears Tailgate Party


This is what Superbowl Sunday looked like in my living room this past weekend.

And okay, so they're not all bears. The monkeys and the manatees were made honorary ursine Sunday night, and although I am neither here or there about the Chicago Bears Tyler had been mouthing off all week about how he and his posse gotta represent so we dragged them all down onto the couch that night for our little private "bearbang". And they sure did keep my feets warm as I tucked them underneath them while sprawled out next to them.

Sorry about the pic being so dark. My living room is kind of dim in general. Not a lot of direct lighting is good for keeping guests calm and unspooked in my Frankenstein-like presence.

And did you check Prince, what with all the purple rain pouring down? And sales in his disks have spiked tremendously since then nationwide. I wonder how much of that old Warner Bros. stuff he will ever see, royalty-wise, since aside from covers by Ike & Tina and The Foo Fighters it was all pretty much old skool Jaime Starr.

Sorry about not posting in awhile, but things have been busy as heck. But I'm catching up with it all today and tomorrow, a I can. Got more music to post. And maybe, if I get the courage, a few other things.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish Prince had done "Kiss" instead of the covers, but otherwise it was an amazing performance. Sang and played guitar like a muthafucka, so well that even my wife's old-school John Wayne country cowboy dad was stunned to silence.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

I see the Flash back there still!

I saw a quick commercial for The Flash on one of my tapes I recently acquired.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home