Sunday, December 23, 2007

Three Cheers For Anything

Tonight may be the night I whip out my Mystery Science Theatre 3000 version of "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians", one of the two MST3K Christmas movies I like to re-watch this time of year. Well, any time of year, really, as their enduring themes of joy and giving and Pia Zadora and rampant xenophobia are timeless. I burned a copy of my old original TV recording for Miranda earlier this week and she said that it was "amazing". And you know what else is amazing? DARLENE LOVE! Who plays it so exquisitely straight in this current Saturday Night Live "TV Funhouse" segment by Robert Smigel called "Christmastime For The Jews". The Jon Stewart shout-out near the end still tickles me every time.



This one goes out to all my Chosen Peeps, including Joe, although he's not a practicing Jew. He just likes pork rinds way too much. All the others, you know who you are (word to your muthah, Wem! xxx).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home