Saturday, July 11, 2009

Jesus Chrysler Drives A Dodge



Smashing good news! Both Gun Shy and Bikini Red by London-based trio The Screaming Blue Messiahs are being remastered and re-released this Tuesday, though so far not on iTunes. (but give it a few days, who knows!)
The first time I had ever heard of The Screaming Blue Messiahs was during my senior year of high school when I had to stare at those words scribbled on the back of Tom Nuckols' denim jacket sitting in front of me in government class. But it wasn't until my freshman year of college when I finally got my hands on a cassette copy of Bikini Red, although I might have actually seen the video to "I Wanna Be A Flintstone" a month or two before entering school. It's all a hazy blur, much like the rest of my past has become. But the great times laughing and grooving to "I Wanna Be A Flintstone" with my friends at WRFM or dancing in my dorm room to "Wild Blue Yonder" are still pretty vivid and makes me glad that senility hasn't completely kicked in. I know have both albums on vinyl, but something tells me I may have to shell out for the CDs full price come Tuesday... if we get them in my store. And that's a big FAT "if".
Enjoy "I Wanna Be A Flintstone". Because, why not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home