Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Seeing For Miles

Another long morning doing data entry at work, although the new spread sheet I have to use doesn't allow for easy copy/paste like MS Excel does so it took much longer than it needed. And we're having a nor'easter. but that didn't stop me from picking up Mary from the ECPI library around 2pm and taking her to Trilogy, which she had never been to before but was asking me about where she might be able to get some season 8 Buffy The Vampire Slayer compilations. I hadn't been by Trilogy in almost a month due to funds, so it was a pleasant surprise to see the guy working there hand me a bag of comics that he knows I usually get every Wednesday that he's been holding aside for me all this time. Sweet! :)

Turns out they were out of the season 8's, so Mary bought some Fray back issues and we jutted down to Barnes & Noble, which had every single book she was looking for. Then I had a cup of coffee while she ate lunch at the bookstore cafe and we caught up with each other. I miss working with her, and her parties with Liz back when they were living together down the road from me were good times. I've got to remember to socialize more often these days. Becoming a fat old graying hermit isn't how I pictured myself at forty, no matter how comforting I find my surroundings or how many good tunes I can play loafing around at home. I need more people like Mary in my life to remind me of things like this. And to talk Buffy shop.

The storm is still raging, and I hear that some people in town have lost their electricity already. I hope everybody I know out on the road is okay tonight. Be safe, my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home