Wednesday, October 05, 2005

God Save Donald Duck Vaudeville & Variety

Alright. Put a bid on a townhouse today in a little neighborhood known as Village Green. The fourth bid in... what, 4 years? How often can God keep smiting me on this issue? If He doesn't want me to move then He needs to just come out and say it. Trying not to get my hopes up, as usual. But! But-but-but-but-but!

Gahh, now I wait. And the waiting is the hardest part.

And I just quoted fucking Tom Petty.

THERE'S A DICK ON THE SCREEN GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OFF!!!!!*

*(This is something a friend of mine used to yell out whenever a Tom Petty video came on MTV back in the 80's. He'd run to the TV set screaming this and brushing his hand frantically over the monitor as if he were trying to wipe Tom Petty off the screen. I have no idea why but it makes me laugh every time.)

So anyway Tracy from work gave me a couple of promos that she didn't want:


Cream at the Royal Albert Hall: London 2-3-5-6 2005. Just came out yesterday. Ginger, Jack and Eric reunite for a 37th anniversary concert at the same venue where they did their farewell show. Does "farewell show" even mean anything anymore? Anyway, you can't beat the price.


Also Neil Young's Prairie Wind, the brand new release that came out a few weeks ago. Supposedly another one of his "harvest" style albums. I've heard one or two good things about it. And again, free.

I reckon now I'm just waiting on hearing back about the townhouse. It's remarkable, but the way things are going right at this moment -- static as it is right now until something moves -- I could be gaining a house and a higher position of employment all within the next few months, granted if things keep falling my way. My boss at work started making serious moves into giving me more responsibilities at the store, upgrading my access codes, putting me in charge of instore sales marketing, making me the liaison to our marketing administrator at the home office. I honestly could be staring at that coveted lead position in maybe 3 more months.

Amazing, how when good things come into my life, they come in clusters. I don't think I have a single thing to complain about right now (although you guys know I'll find something!)

Now if I can just get back on my diet again. :::weep:::

Ahh, now there's something!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if it happens two tips for moving your shit.
1. don't overstuff your spacebags. they'll rip and you'll end up using trash bags anyway (those force flex ones hold alot of jeans, man)
2. don't consult your family on paint colors (if i had listened to that one i may not have an orange family room)
2b. don't paint a room orange and think you'll be able to just paint over it...not so easy my friend. not so easy.
-emily

1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a really interesting website. You can pick out neighborhood names and see what properties have sold for within the past year. I know I get super excited when I see my neighborhood listings, woo hoo! But, shit, where would I go if I sold anyway...I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for ya!

http://homes.hamptonroads.com/transactionsearch.cfm?dd=Virginia%20Beach

3:37 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Erin! Knowing my luck with winning houses I may end up having to refer back to your website for another go-around.

Emily, your family room is ORANGE? I'm sorry, but... that is SO COOL!

Well, then again I, uh said that about my friend's family room too after I heard that she painted it brown with yellow horizontal stripes, BEFORE I went over to look at it.

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks ok i've gotten compliments. but still i wonder into it in the middle of the night and think "wow. orange. huh. i went to design school and still did this? i want my money back."
-emily

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home