Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Further Updates

Welp, still no cable service... or maybe I do but I'm just not doing it right for some reason. TV's hooked up right but nuthin's hap'nin. And I haven't even attempted to take the computer out of the boxes yet. I might be getting my mother's old (but still very nice) wood computer cabinet with work desk so I'm waiting until that arrives before I start assembling shit.

Moving was a disaster. They took about 80% of what needed to be moved, although a good chunk of it was all the big furniture and the heaviest boxes. Joe wasn't there and he seems under the impression that they were trying to take advantage of me being, y'know, a girl and all. They balked at moving the piano at first but I continued to remind them that we're paying an extra $200 to your company to have that done and it was pre-negotiated, so they managed to get that down three flights of stairs without it turning into a frikkin' Marx Brothers routine (almost) and into my new place without scratching my hardwood floors. And I had to grease some palms to get them to throw away my two broken chairs and my bed, because I am getting a new bed delivered this Saturday. I'm spending my first week at the new pad crashed out on the couch until then. Ah, roughing it.

The old apartment, needless to say, sort of looks a bit like those old pictures of London after the Blitz. I'll be making trips back and forth in between work cleaning and carrying more stuff over, but I may borrow my dad's van from work to carry over my stereo and a few other things they didn't take. Did I mention how much that sucks yet?

And speaking of suck, I'm getting sick, I think. My throat is doing that thing it always does right before I get a monster cold, and if I get a monster cold then the Dallas Hack is bound to come creeping back. Feh. Maybe all I need is a good long scalding hot shower right now. I finally got my water turned on yesterday so, erm, yay.

Sorry to be all grumbly. I guess I'm just tired and my nerves are frayed. I've always hated moving -- but man, my new place truly doth rock. I have so much space now it's outrageous.

Oh, and I gotta tell ya'll about my new neighbors -- it's a real hoot -- but I'll wait until next time. My Kinko's hours are about out. But I love you all and I promise to be back very soon!

Yeah, I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home