Friday, June 23, 2006

The Affectionate Punch

The Friday Five:

1. What is the one outfit/piece of clothing/accessory you own that makes you feel incredibly good whenever you wear it? Why?
I have this T-shirt -- baby-blue with an orange collar and sleeve cuffs, and an iron-on picture of "tater-tots" resembling a plate of mangled pigs testicles -- that simply must be the single ugliest piece of clothing I own. Someone told me that the shirt logo had something to do with the movie Napoleon Dynamite, and for now I'll take their word for it. But something about the material of the shirt makes it absolute heaven to wear, especially when sleeping or just loafing around the house after work. And that's about the only time you're ever likely to see it, since I wouldn't actually dare to wear something this monstrously hideous outside the confines of my fortress 'o solitude. Consider yourselves spared.

2. What do you do to make yourself feel better when you're in a funk?
When I'm in a funk? I'm always lookin' to be in a funk. And funk is just what the Doctor Funkenstein prescribes! I highly recommend The Motor Booty Affair by Parliament or One Nation Under A Groove by Funkadelic. Funk not only moves, it can remove. Dig?

3. Has anyone ever surprised you in a way that let you know you were special? How?
Quite a few instances, I'd say. Mostly just a lot of little non-specific things, and they occur nearly every day. The occasional sweet gesture from a friend or parents, and my bf doesn't let a day go by without reminding me how much he cherishes me. I gotta say I'm pretty damn lucky. I may not have a huge passel of friends or admirers, but one thing's for certain; the people that are close to me in my life have always made me feel very, very exceptionally loved.

4. When you are having a "good day," how do you spread the happiness to others?
More than likely you'll be receiving a heaping parcel of mix CDs in the mail from me. Or maybe one sitting in the front seat of your car via your open window. Or maybe one through your closed window tied to a rock. Oh, I have my ways.

5. What is one thing that puts you in a bad mood, no matter how good you were previously feeling?
Tuning in every night at 6:30 for the evening news. Glutton for punishment, much?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home